Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cuzco ? Medellin Explorer

Review By: VagoPaisa

?

Quality: Outstanding
Ambiance: Paisa open air dining mall
Overall Experience: ***** (out of 5)

?

A friend had previously suggested that a group of us dine at ?Cuzco?, a Peruvian seafood restaurant on Via Las Palmas in Poblado. I was getting ready for my trip to Peru, so I wanted to get in shape for the upcoming dining experience. As it turns out, the suggestion was a great one.

?

I can honestly say that I could not tell the difference between the ?real stuff? in Peru, and what we feasted on at Restaurante Cuzco in Medellin. The restaurant is located in a fairly exclusive area of Medellin, so I expected the prices to be somewhat high? needless to say, I was not disappointed.

?

Cuzco is co-located with several other top Medellin restaurants in an open air dining mall. Paisas love to eat and drink outside? rather than dine in the artificial lights of a typical mall food court. The location offers a breathtaking view of the Aburra Valley? especially at night. It is a great place to dine with ?someone special? or with a group of buddies (like us).

?

Cuzco offers many Peruvian seafood delights including all kinds of ceviches, fish dishes, sopa mariscos, seafood pastas, salads in the COP$ 20,000 to $50,000 range. Natural fruit juices, local and imported beers, pisco sours and gourmet desserts complement an already delicious meal.

?

I enjoyed Seafood pasta Nazca? a delicious mix of scallops, shrimp and lobster shrouded in a tangy cr?me and wine sauce accentuated with dried tomato (at least I think it was tomato? LOL). The dish costs COP$ 34,000 (before drinks and add ons). Spicy seafood appetizers preceded the main course, which unfortunately, I had to pass on.

?

Many of the group ordered from the diverse list of ceviches, while others opted for the seafood soup or corvina dishes. When my seafood pasta arrived, I did not think it would put a dent in my appetite; however, I was pleasantly surprised. The serving seemed kind of ?smallish? for a ?comelon? like me, but the richness of the seafood and creme sauce filled me up quickly.

?

The staff at Cuzco is professional? from the chefs to the lovely paisas waiting on the table. The restaurant is clean, well organized and efficient. The view of the lights from the valley and delicious cuisine make ?Cuzco? a memorable dining experience.

?

Many in the group indulged themselves on pisco sours, which at COP$ 12,000 a pop, were delicious and tasted just like the one I enjoyed at Rosa Nautica in Lima last week. After the main course we enjoyed decadent desserts and waited for the bill. The price for this epicurean delight came to about COP $140,000 ($80) per couple. La senora and I loved the meal? and of course, our company. We plan on returning soon. Cuzco is highly recommended to those who enjoy great cuisine and a great view of Medellin.

?

karen handel hangout todd haley kareem abdul jabbar karl rove miramonte elementary school mark jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment